Sports & Fitness Policies
The Family Life Center at Champion Forest Baptist Church is a place where the entire family can enjoy a fun-filled time together in a positive atmosphere and grow not only physically, but spiritually, to the glory of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- Open to CFBC members and their guests.
- The FLC reserves the right to perform a background check on any member.
Ideal for families with children who will also be using the FLC facilities.
- *Monthly ($45/per month*)
- Semi-Annual ($250/6 months)
- Annual ($480/year)
Husband and Wife
For married couples (under the age of 60) who have no children using the FLC.
- Monthly ($30/per month)
- Semi-Annual ($175/6 months)
- Annual ($325/ year)
For married couples ages 60+.
- *Monthly ($25/per month)
- Semi-Annual ($145/6 months)
- Annual ($265/ year)
- *Monthly ($20/per month*)
- Semi-Annual ($110/6 months)
- Annual ($210/ year)
*Monthly memberships may only be paid by Autopay.
- Payments are accepted in the form of checks, cash and Autopay account.
- Statements are sent out at the beginning of each month and are due upon receipt.
- Autopay payments are debited on the 5th of the month or the first business day following the 5th when it falls on a weekend or bank holiday.
- Registration fee of $45 is a one time fee if membership is kept current.
- Memberships will automatically continue until terminated.
- After 60 days of non payment, memberships become inactive.
- Inactive members must reapply and pay a $45 reapplication fee to regain an active status.
- Ages 15 and above may have an individual membership. Parent or legal guardian must sign a release of liability and the application form for members under the age of 18.
- Ages 12-15 must complete a new member orientation before using the cardio and weight equipment.
- Family is defined as husband + wife + dependent children (up to age 23 and living at home) or single parent + dependent children (up to age 23 and living at home).
- Childcare is provided for ages 6 weeks through 5 years (entering Kindergarten) on Monday – Thursday from 9:00 AM until 12:00 PM.
- Children 12 and under must be on a family membership and may participate in age appropriate** activities.
- Children 12 and under may not enter the FLC unsupervised.
- Children ages 12 and under are permitted on the track when they are accompanied by a parent.***
**Ping pong, board games, gyms, game room and walk track with parents ONLY.
- Membership fee includes full access to FLC amenities, according to age restrictions.
- Membership includes all group fitness classes.
- Membership does not include any leagues, sports or special events.
- Scheduled recreation leagues have priority over courts and fields.
- Participants are encouraged to go through a complimentary equipment orientation with a FLC Personal Trainer to understand proper use of the equipment.
- Ages 12 – 15 are required to complete a special new member orientation before using the cardio and weight equipment.
- Members are required to check in at the FLC Welcome Desk each time they use the facility.
- Each member age 12 and up will be issued a key card and will be responsible for presenting it for check in.
- There will be a small fee for replacement cards.
- Members will have their picture taken for identification purposes.
- Membership must be cancelled in writing 15 days prior to the first of the next month. Cancellation forms are provided at the FLC Welcome Desk.
- Any outstanding balance at the time of cancellation must be resolved before a member will be reinstated.
- After 60 days of non payment, membership becomes inactive.
- The FLC reserves the right to cancel membership or deny reapplication to any member.
- The FLC reserves the right to perform a background check on any member.
Hours of Operation
- Childcare hours are Monday – Thursday from 9 AM until Noon.
- FLC childcare is for the use of FLC members and their guests.
- Parents must remain in the FLC while their children are in childcare.
- Children six weeks old to five years old (entering Kindergarten) are welcome.
- Children with an illness or fever will not be permitted in childcare.
- Please mark all personal items with the child's name to prevent loss.
- Check the FLC Welcome Desk for holiday and special event hours.
Modest, appropriate attire must be worn at all times. Please use discretion and sensitivity about the exercise attire worn in the FLC:
- Shorts must be worn over tights, leotards, biking shorts or any other form-fitting clothing.
- If shorts are worn alone, they should not conform or cling to the body and must be fingertip length.
- The display of cleavage is unacceptable. Low cut shirts, tops, etc. with plunging necklines are not allowed.
- Midriff must be covered.
- Men must keep shirts on at all times.
- T-shirts with questionable slogans or signs are prohibited in the FLC (including the alcohol industry).
- Athletic shoes must be worn at all times when using the weight or cardio equipment.
- Shoes with non-marking soles must be worn on racquetball and basketball courts.
*The FLC reserves the right to determine the acceptability of all exercise attire.
MEMBERS AND GUESTS entering the FLC facility are expected to act, speak, and behave in a Christ-like manner.
- A dress code is in effect (See DRESS CODE).
- No food or drinks, with the exception of water, will be allowed in the basketball courts, racquetball courts and exercise areas.
- Please use the provided gym wipes or a towel to wipe down equipment after use.
- Return all weights to their proper place after use. Never leave weights lying on the floor.
- The use of tobacco will not be allowed at the FLC at any time or in any area.
- Equipment must be used for the specific purpose for which it was designed.
- Individuals who check out equipment are financially responsible for any damage or destruction caused by improper use, or any lost or stolen equipment.
- Return all equipment to the FLC Welcome Desk after use.
- There will be no soliciting at the FLC.
- Only FLC staff members are allowed behind the FLC Welcome Desk.
- All reservations for court times must be made through the FLC Welcome Desk.
- No Personal Trainers are allowed except those employed by the FLC.
- If any piece of equipment is working improperly, please report it immediately to the FLC Staff.
- Use of foul language will not be tolerated. "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." Ephesians 4:29
- The FLC staff will be responsible for the enforcement and interpretation of all policies and rules.
- Infractions of the policies, rules, or regulations may be handled in one of the following ways:
- Warning and explanation of the rules
- Suspension of privileges
- Notification of parents (high school and below)
- Major infractions will be handled on an individual basis by the Director of the FLC.
- The FLC encourages CFBC church members to bring guests and build relationships with others in their community.
- A guest is anyone who is not a member of the FLC.
- All guests must...
- Complete and sign a guest registration card and liability form
- Abide by all FLC policies and procedures
- Pay a $5 guest fee
- Discounted guest passes are available at the FLC Welcome Desk.
- Guests under 18 must have parent or legal guardian sign the liability release form (no exceptions).
- All guests must check in with a FLC member and may not stay after the FLC member leaves.
- Guests 12 - 15 must remain with their host member at all times.
- A fee of $3 will be charged for guests 11 and under.
- Adult Guest Registration Card
- Child Guest Registration Card This must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Assumption of Risk
- Users assume a risk of physical injury or even death while participating in activities at the FLC.
- Lockers are available for daily use. Any loss or damage of personal property by a user or guest shall not be the responsibility of the FLC or its staff.
- It is recommended that personal items be secured in day lockers.
- Staff members are not permitted to hold valuables with exception of keys.
- All injuries must be reported to staff immediately. An accident report will be filled out and a determination will be made as to further care or assistance.
Group Reservations for Birthday Parties
- Available for reservation by CFBC members only.
- The church member making the reservations must be present at all times.
- Requests for reservation must be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance of the party date by completing the appropriate form and waiver available at the FLC Welcome Desk.
- Requested dates are subject to availability.
- All scheduled FLC and CFBC activities take precedence over scheduled parties.
- There is a $50 reservation fee for the first 2 hours and $25 per each additional hour.
- Arrival and departure time must be strictly observed by the visiting group.
- Each participant must have a completed liability waiver. Participants 17 and under must have their form signed by their parent or legal guardian.
- Groups are required to adhere to the policies and procedures of the FLC.
- Party times are limited to FLC operating hours.
- Groups are responsible for setting up before and cleaning up after the party.
- Groups are responsible for providing an adequate number of sponsors. One adult for every 5 children for the 3rd grade and under, and one adult for every 10 youth from the 4th through the 12th grade.
- The FLC provides use of one of the gyms, tables/café area, game room, balls, volleyball net, wallyball, and/or the use of the softball field.
- Groups are responsible for planning, implementing and supervising their own activities.
- To schedule events other than birthday parties, contact the Facilities Manager of CFBC at 281-440-3800.